5 hrs 10 mins
I got this from EatingWell.com, and it is absolutely delicious! We don't eat pork, so it is nice to find a recipe for barbecue that we can enjoy. It is also quite easy to throw together in the crock pot. I took a little time to throw this together and toss some cole slaw together, and by the time the chicken was ready the slaw was marinated and delicious! NB: The original recipe calls for ground chipotle instead of cajoun seasoning. I'm sure it is yummy either way! Also, the sauce will seem thin until you get the chicken shredded and mixed back in. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g can reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 113.39 g can green chilies, drained and chopped
- 44.37 ml cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml honey
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 9.85 ml dry mustard
- 4.92 ml cajun seasoning
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1133.98 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth.
- 2Add chicken, onion and garlic; stir to combine.
- 3Put the lid on and cook on low until the chicken can be pulled apart, about 5 1/2 hours.
- 4Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.7
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 118.0 mg
- Sodium 286.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium tomato sauce