Recipe by smellyvegetarian
I got this from EatingWell.com, and it is absolutely delicious! We don't eat pork, so it is nice to find a recipe for barbecue that we can enjoy. It is also quite easy to throw together in the crock pot. I took a little time to throw this together and toss some cole slaw together, and by the time the chicken was ready the slaw was marinated and delicious! NB: The original recipe calls for ground chipotle instead of cajoun seasoning. I'm sure it is yummy either way! Also, the sauce will seem thin until you get the chicken shredded and mixed back in. Enjoy!
Top Review by ellie_
Very good and couldn't be easier! I skipped the dry mustard but other wise made as directed. Served with pickles and other sandwich condiments and salad. Nice change for dinner. Thanks for sharing!
- 226.79 g can reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 113.39 g can green chilies, drained and chopped
- 44.37 ml cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml honey
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 9.85 ml dry mustard
- 4.92 ml cajun seasoning
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1133.98 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth.
- Add chicken, onion and garlic; stir to combine.
- Put the lid on and cook on low until the chicken can be pulled apart, about 5 1/2 hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well and serve.