Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Found this in Fix It and Forget It Cookbook.
- 1 (1 lb) frying chicken, cut up and skin removed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine remaining 7 ingredients and pour over chicken, making sure that the sauce glazes all the pieces.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour and then on LOW 4 to 6 hours.
Certainly for ease of preparation this gets very high marks. And the sauce has decent flavor. However, the sauce was ended up so thin that the overall dish was bland, and the chicken got quite overcooked even though I used the shorter time setting. But with a shorter cooking time and something to thicken up the sauce so that it clings to the chicken, this dish has real potential.