Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
From Southern Living
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) eye of round roast, cut in half vertically
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 kaiser rolls or 12 sandwich buns
- dill pickle slices
- Sprinkle the beef with 1 teaspoon salt.
- In a bowl, stir together the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, and next 7 ingredients.
- Pour half the mixture into a 5 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Place beef in slow cooker and pour remaining mixture over beef.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 7 hours.
- Shred beef in the slow cooker with two forks.
- Serve in rolls or buns with dill pickles.