Recipe by Pixielicious
I found the original recipe on AllRecipes and made a few changes. I especially like to serve this in the summer, when we're in the mood for barbecue and I don't want to be stuck in a hot kitchen. The original recipe calls for a boneless chuck roast, but I've experimented with different cuts of meat and have found that we prefer the eye of round or sirloin tip. The leaner meats allow the roast to cook without diluting the barbecue sauce.
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast or 3 lbs eye of round roast or 3 lbs sirloin tip roast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper
- 2 (18 ounce) bottles barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Season roast with garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper.
- Power one bottle of barbecue sauce over meat.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove meat, shred & return to slow cooker.
- Pour the second bottle of barbecue sauce over the meat & stir.
- Cook for one more hour.
- Serve on your favorite buns.