Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From Taste of Home. A delicious barbecue recipe to serve over rice, egg noodles or on toasted rolls for your next dinner party!
Top Review by kpposton
Excellent. Quite the crowd pleaser and great for the superbowl game. You can use sliced white bread to soak up and discard the fat that can accumalate on top. I serve it with toasted buns and cole slaw.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless beef sirloin, tip roast cut into large chunks
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 8 -10 sandwich buns, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef in a 5 qt slow cooker.
- Add the celery, onion and green pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the ketchup, tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, lemon juice, molasses, slat, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
- Pour over beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Skim fat from cooking juices if necessary.
- Shred beef.
- Toast rolls if desired.
- Use a slotted spoon to serve beef on rolls.