Recipe by MISSJ1978
This came in a coupon book with my Taste of Home Magazine. I absolutely love it. My boyfriend and I ate some for supper and froze the rest of it for a quick meal later on.
Top Review by gracey427
What I did to make sure the edges didn't burn or that it didn't turn out dry was I bought 2 jars of the pasta sauce that were a little more than 25 ounces. I also sprayed the inside of the slow cooker with PAM to make sure the sides didn't stick everywhere. Instead of the 6-7 hours on low, I set the cooker to 5 hours on low and it turned out perfect! Not dry at all! Great easy recipe and convenient!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (25 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) box ziti pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink. Stir in seasonings to evenly coat meat; stir in pasta sauce. Set aside.
- Mix 1 cup mozzarella, the ricotta and parmesan in a medium bowl. Spoon 2 cups of meat sauce into the slow cooker; top with 2 cups ziti. Drop half of the cheese mixture, by rounded tablespoons, over ziti; carefully spread over ziti using back of spoon. Layer with 2 cups meat sauce, the remaining ziti and remaining cheese. Add remaining meat sauce, completely covering all the ziti and cheese. Place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle food with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella; let stand 10 minutes until melted. Serve directly from slow cooker.