Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
You don't even have to boil the pasta first - just dump it all in the crockpot and turn it on. Recipe is from Real Simple.
- 793.78 g can whole canned tomatoes
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 226.79 g rigatoni pasta
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 453.59 g mixed mushrooms, trimmed and sliced (such as cremini, button, and shiitake)
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
- 425.24 g container ricotta cheese
- 226.79 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Break up the tomatoes and their juices in a medium bowl with your hands or a potato masher. Add the oil, garlic, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. In a separate medium bowl, combine the uncooked rigatoni, onion, and mushrooms.
- Spread a third of the tomato mixture in the bottom of a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Top with half the pasta mixture, half the spinach, a third of the tomato mixture, half the ricotta, and half the mozzarella; repeat. Cover and cook on high until the pasta is tender, 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Serve sprinkled with the Parmesan.