Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
This can be a healthy breakfast or snack. Tastes a lot like a thick, chewy oatmeal cookie . . . only without all the fat! This came from the blog "crockpot365".
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons flax seed meal (optional)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit
- Mix dry ingredients in crockpot. It is not necessary to grease it first.
- Mix wet ingredients in bowl, then add to crockpot and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low 3-5 hours.
- Dish is done when edges are brown and beginning to crust and the center is set.
- Inserted knife should come out clean.
- Let sit in crockpot AFTER turning it off for an hour or more before cutting and storing.