Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This is a recipe from Ricardo that I made yesterday. It gave really good beans.
- 4 cups dry white beans (1 bag 907 g or 2 lbs) or 4 cups navy beans (1 bag 907 g or 2 lbs)
- water, for soaking
- 6 cups cold water (for cooking)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 lb streaky salt pork, rind removed and diced (I used bacon)
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Place the beans in large bowl. Cover with water and soak overnight at room temperature. Add water, as needed, so that the beans are always covered. Rinse and drain.
- In a slow cooker, combine all the ingredients. Cook for 8 to 9 hours on low, or about six hours on high. Adjust the seasoning. â€¨â€¨.
- Tips : The beans will be better the next day, once they have absorbed all the liquid.
Very good! All my guests complimented the beans!
Very easy recipe to make and everyone liked it. The bacon was fried but not drained before adding into the crock. Next time I will drain off the grease. It will will your crock pot up to the top. So if it to not bubble over as it was cooking, I offset the lid. Made for Please Review My Recipe 2012