- 4 cups dry white beans (1 bag 907 g or 2 lbs) or 4 cups navy beans (1 bag 907 g or 2 lbs)
- water, for soaking
- 6 cups cold water (for cooking)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 lb streaky salt pork, rind removed and diced (I used bacon)
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the beans in large bowl. Cover with water and soak overnight at room temperature. Add water, as needed, so that the beans are always covered. Rinse and drain.
- In a slow cooker, combine all the ingredients. Cook for 8 to 9 hours on low, or about six hours on high. Adjust the seasoning. â€¨â€¨.
- Tips : The beans will be better the next day, once they have absorbed all the liquid.