Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Slow Cooker Asian Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 beef short ribs (about 4 pounds)
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and halved crosswise
- 1 small green cabbage, quartered (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper. Add the short ribs and carrots and arrange in a single layer. Lay the cabbage on top.
- Cook, covered, on high for 5 to 6 hours (or on low for 7 to 8 hours?see note below), until the meat is tender and easily pulls away from the bone.
- Transfer the cabbage, short ribs, and carrots to plates. With a large spoon or ladle, skim the fat from the cooking liquid and discard.
- If the slow cooker is on the low setting, turn it to high. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water until smooth. Whisk into the cooking liquid and cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the sesame oil. Spoon the sauce over the short ribs and vegetables and sprinkle with the scallions (if using).