1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker 4th of July Chuck Roast Barbecue Sandwiches
9 hrs 10 mins
Audrey M's Note:
I made this for the 4th and it was an easy dinner to put together while my family was able to spend some time together. It doesn't have to be cooked just for the 4th of July.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs trimmed boneless chuck roast
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 (12 ounce) can diet cola
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 12 reduced-fat hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 1Place roast in a 3 1/2 or 4 quart electric slow cooker; add onion.
- 2Combine cola and next 7 ingredients; cover and chill 1 cup sauce.
- 3Pour remaining sauce over raost.
- 4Cover with lid; cook on High for 1 hour.
- 5Reduce heat to Low; cook 8 hours or until roast is very tender.
- 6If time doesn't permit, you can omit cooking it on High for 1 hour.
- 7Just add two hours to the Low cooking time.
- 8Remove roast with chopped onion from cooker using a slotted spoon and shred meat with 2 forks.
- 9Combine reserved sauce, ketchup and butter in a saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.
- 10Pour sauce over shredded meat, stirring gently.
- 11Spoon meat mixture on buns.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker 4th of July Chuck Roast Barbecue Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.2
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 63.6 mg
- Sodium 362.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat hamburger buns with sesame seeds