1/2 Photos of Slow Cooked Yo Ho Ho Saucy Wench
7 hrs 30 mins
Aye me mateys, what's better than rum ye say? A sweet and savory stew made with rum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless chicken breast fillets (no cross bones or skin)
- flour (fer dredging)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (for browning)
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup asparagus (fresh or frozen)
- 15 ounces canned peaches (juice of)
- 1/4 cup rum (not fer drinking)
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- rice (for soaking up the stew) or pasta (for soaking up the stew)
- 1Cut chicken up into bite sized pieces.
- 2Dredge chicken pieces in flour.
- 3Brown chicken pieces on all sides in skillet with canola oil. Should take about 10 minutes or so.
- 4Remove from heat, remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- 5Drain juice from peaches and place in bottom of crock-pot. Reserve peaches.
- 6In blender, blend rum, peaches, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder and Thai sweet chili sauce together for 1-2 minutes.
- 7Turn crock pot on low setting.
- 8Chop up asparagus into bite sized pieces.
- 9Add tomatoes to crock-pot, then add asparagus on top.
- 10Next add chicken.
- 11Pour peach mixture over top of chicken.
- 12Cover and cook on low 7 hours.
- 13Cook rice or pasta to package directions. Serve stew on top of rice or pasta.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooked Yo Ho Ho Saucy Wench
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 215.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets