Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Everyday Food. Slow cooking the squash brings out wonderful flavor. Should the squash begin to brown during cooking, lower the heat and add more water (just a bit).
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 (8 ounce) yellow squash, thinly sliced
- coarse salt
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-low.
- Add onion, squashes, and 2 tablespoons water.
- Season with salt and pepper, and toss well.
- Cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 30 to 35 minutes.
Simply perfect. Great stepping stone for casseroles or just on it's own as a side dish. Slow and easy is the way to go with this one. Love it.