Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is so easy and makes a hearty, delicious dinner.
Top Review by BlueDoxie
This is truly an outstanding recipe! I fixed it exactly as written; the family and I absolutely loved it! This might sound sacrilegious to some, but the next time I made it I used frozen green beans, frozen sliced carrots, and frozen chopped onions (no thawing). I also used canned diced potatoes (drained), and jarred minced garlic. It was the weekday and I saved some precious time in the morning before getting ready for work. :) The family thought it was just as delicious! Thank you, NurseDi!!
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups hot cooked rice