Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This is so easy and makes a hearty, delicious dinner.
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Add the first 12 ingredients in order to a 4-quart slow-cooker.
- Pour vegetable broth over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-9 hours.
- Add in undrained tomatoes; stir to combine.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.
I didn't have high hopes for this, as most crockpot recipes haven't turned out well for me, but this was a lot better than I expected. I followed the recipe except for using frozen green beans. I ended up adding about a half cup of smooth peanut butter, and that worked well. I served it over brown rice. Very good, thanks.
Hubby never likes anything out of the crockpot...until now. He raved no this one before I even got done! No tomatoes or tapioca got added, but he already had it served up as a soup...along with homemade hashbrowns. It was DELICIOUS. Definitely will be added to the list of crockpot faves.
Excellent meatless meal! I was out of carrots so I added more potatoes. I used frozen green beans and chicken broth. I accidentally poured the canned tomatoes over everything in the beginning but it didn't seem to hurt anything. My curry powder is kind of weak so next time I'll double up on that. I thought I disliked garbanzo beans but this changed my mind.