Adapted for OAMC from an October 2007 Cooking Light Recipe. Calories 391, Fat 11 g, Fiber 12.9 g. Weight Watchers Points 8. "An inexpensive cut of pork becomes rich and tender when braised. Creamy beans make the dish hearty and satisfying."
- Sort and wash navy beans and place in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water to 2 inches above beans; cover and let stand for 8 hours.
- Drain beans. Place beans, 1 t sage, 1 t salt, 5 cloves of garlic and bay leaves in ziptop bag.
- Combine 2 t sage, 1 t salt, 1 t fenel seeds and 3 cloves of garlic. Rub mixture over pork.
- Place pork in a zip top bag.
- Place both bags in a larger bag labeled with directions.
- To serve: Thaw overnight in fridge.
- Place beans, pork and 4 cups of water in a slow cooker. Cook on HIGH 8 hours. Pull pork apart into chunks and serve with bean mixture.