1/1 Photo of Slow-Cooked Tuscan Pork With White Beans
16 hrs 20 mins
Adapted for OAMC from an October 2007 Cooking Light Recipe. Calories 391, Fat 11 g, Fiber 12.9 g. Weight Watchers Points 8. "An inexpensive cut of pork becomes rich and tender when braised. Creamy beans make the dish hearty and satisfying."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sort and wash navy beans and place in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water to 2 inches above beans; cover and let stand for 8 hours.
- 2Drain beans. Place beans, 1 t sage, 1 t salt, 5 cloves of garlic and bay leaves in ziptop bag.
- 3Combine 2 t sage, 1 t salt, 1 t fenel seeds and 3 cloves of garlic. Rub mixture over pork.
- 4Place pork in a zip top bag.
- 5Place both bags in a larger bag labeled with directions.
- 6To serve: Thaw overnight in fridge.
- 7Place beans, pork and 4 cups of water in a slow cooker. Cook on HIGH 8 hours. Pull pork apart into chunks and serve with bean mixture.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooked Tuscan Pork With White Beans
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.3
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 100.7 mg
- Sodium 538.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 35.5 g