Recipe by mydesigirl
From Taste of Home. Sounds great!
Top Review by Michelle S.
This is a fantastic way to use leftover turkey. I had about a cup leftover shredded in turkey gravy that I threw in as well. A nice blend of dark and light meats. I decided to saute the celery and onion in a little butter until just softened before adding and I had about 2 tablespoons of diced pimento to use, so that when in as well. I added a little Paula Deens house seasoning, garlic powder and poultry seasoning. I was a little short of 2 cups velveeta so about 3/4 c. of sharp shredded cheddar went in as well. I served these over buttered toasted buns and they were fantastic!!! I have MORE than enough to freeze for quick weeknight dinners or weekend lunches. I am going to buy BIG turkeys from now on, just so I can have leftovers to make this!
- 6 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 2 cups cubed Velveeta cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 22 whole wheat buns, split