Recipe by mandabears
This is a unique method of making lush, succulent, flavorful beef brisket. I found the recipe on another recipe site. It takes 25 hours to make and the wait is definitely worth it.
Top Review by Worldflavs
I love a good beef brisket, but who has the time to smoke for 8-12 hours. I was a little apprehensive putting in an expensive peice of meat into a crockpot. I followed directions with 3 lbs of brisket and really just guessed on proportions of other ingredients. Cooked for 24 hours and was a little dry and did not really taste the flavor. Added the extra ingredients and cooked for an hour. It might have been my proportions but not quite enough sauce. However after 1 hour meat was still a little dry but flavor was awesome. Put on buns with slaw and some pickles, I added a little extra bottled bbq sauce on mine. It was delicious and my son said just as good as the Dickey's Westerner sandwich (a local bbq shop we hit from time to time). My daughter ate hers which is a big deal. Overall it was excellent due to ease of preperation and taste. Will definately make again and wish I had taken a picture of it for everyone to see. I can't imagine many people are going to make 8 lbs at once so I would recommend a little larger proportions on finishing sauce. Try it you won't be dissappointed.
- 8 lbs beef brisket, untrimmed
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 14 ounces ketchup
- 12 fluid ounces cola
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the beef brisket in a large slow cooker with the fat side up.
- Pour the coffee over the meat.
- Cook the brisket on low for 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, stir together the ketchup, cola, worchestershire sauce, mustard, liquid smoke and brown sugar in a bowl until well blended.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- After 24 hours of cooking, remove and discard any fat from the meat.
- Use forks to pull the meat apart and shred the meat.
- Pour the sauce over the meat, stirring to coat evenly and cook 1 hour longer.