Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Delicious over rice....MMMmmmm. You can use beef blade, round or chuck instead of sirloin.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sirloin, cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 inch chunk fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Arrange sliced meat in bottom of crock pot.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic cloves, ginger, sugar, cornstarch and sesame oil in blender; process until smooth.
- Pour mixture over meat in crock pot.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours; HIGH for 3-4 hours.
I put in about 1.5 cups of beef broth and about half an onion, and cooked it for about 6 hours. It was quite good that day, but oh my goodness the leftovers were wonderful. Another time, if I could stand it, I would wait until the next day to serve it.
I took Kat's review, but I only put 1 cup of beef broth in. Also I chopped a medium onion and threw it in. Also some squirts of worcestershire sauce. Right Before I served I added bout 1 and a half teaspoons corn starch. Served over rice. Everyone said it was exellent. I am only giving this 4 stars because I could tell, that for my crockpot there wasn't enough liquid for 8 hours of cooking. My friends and I ate it all.
The flavor was great, but my meat cooked thoroughly through in about 3 hours and there was hardly any sauce to put over rice. I added 2 cups of beef broth and more soy sauce to have some sauce. But all in all, it was very good.