Recipe by carolinafan
Savory blend of herbs and spices make this roast delicious.
Top Review by CMarsh6744
Perfect as is! I haven't used the slow cooker in years and decided to look for something easy. This was not only too easy, it tastes fantastic. My husband asked for it again but with onions and bell pepper. I'll give it a try. Thank you!
- 1360.77 g boneless beef chuck roast
- 411.06 g can beef broth
- 29.58 ml dried basil
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 14.79 ml dried onion
- 22.18 ml salt
- 18.48 ml garlic powder
- 7.39 ml red pepper flakes
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 6 ciabatta or 6 sandwich buns
- pepperoncini pepper (for garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chuck roast in a slow cooker.
- Combine beef broth, basil, oregano, onion, salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, bay leaves and pepper.
- Pour over roast.
- Cook on low 8 to 9 hours.
- Serve as a roast, or slice or shred meat and serve with rolls for sandwiches.
- Garnish with pepperoncini if desired.