Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Savory blend of herbs and spices make this roast delicious.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 -3 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ciabatta or 6 sandwich buns
- pepperoncini pepper (for garnish) (optional)
- Place chuck roast in a slow cooker.
- Combine beef broth, basil, oregano, onion, salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, bay leaves and pepper.
- Pour over roast.
- Cook on low 8 to 9 hours.
- Serve as a roast, or slice or shred meat and serve with rolls for sandwiches.
- Garnish with pepperoncini if desired.
Perfect as is! I haven't used the slow cooker in years and decided to look for something easy. This was not only too easy, it tastes fantastic. My husband asked for it again but with onions and bell pepper. I'll give it a try. Thank you!
After putting the spices in the crockpot I realized I had used tsp. instead of Tbls. I decided not to add more because I thought Tablespoons of garlic powder and red pepper flakes especially sounded way too spicy for my family. I'm really glad I didn't because it was indeed spicy enough with the tsp. amounts. We enjoyed the sandwiches a great deal. A little mayo on the bun was also good. Thanks for posting! I know I'll be making them again! I served them with Recipe #225300 and Recipe #320739.
I tripled this recipe and put it in two slow cookers. I only used enough of the spices for one recipe and it was plenty. I mixed the broth and spices in a plastic pitcher and pored it into the slow cookers to evenly devide it. Nine hours later the beef shredded easily and the au jus was delicious. Everyone loved it on nice rolls and it was very tasty for the next two days. I roasted some peppers and they added a nice touch. I know I will make this again and again.