Recipe by carolinafan
From Taste of Home
Top Review by keen5
I made this over the weekend and let it cook, while I was doing some errands. I served it with Spanish rice and we had some creamy bean dip with tortillas too. I used Mexican style diced tomatoes and threw in about 1/2 cup of Chipolte Jack cheese, along with 1/2 cup of Cheddar, which gave it a little extra kick. I enjoyed this and I will definitely make it again for a casual family meal. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 envelope chili seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk and cornmeal until smooth.
- Add corn, tomatoes, olives, chili seasoning, seasoned salt and beef.
- Transfer to a greased slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours and 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.