Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Easy and low fat.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 lbs boneless beef top round steaks (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Italian plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin bite-sized pieces
- Spoon soup into 4 to 8-quart slow cooker.
- Top with beef round steak, cutting into pieces if necessary to place in single layer.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, ketchup, chiles and garlic; mix well. Spread over beef. Top with tomatoes.
- Cover; cook on Low setting 8 to 9 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, add bell pepper. Cover; cook 10 minutes longer.
- To serve, remove beef from slow cooker; place on cutting board. Cut into serving-sized pieces. Serve beef with sauce from slow cooker.
Yowser! This was a bit spicier than I usually like, but delicious all together. I will have to cut back on the chipotle chili's next time. I used cube steak (a budget week for me)and it worked great. I like the flavor and the unique blend of ingredients. A nice change of pace from the meat, cream of mushroom soup, and onion soup mix combos that I usually have. Thanks for sharing.