Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A great recipe from "Quick Cooking" magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 lbs boneless round steak
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10 3/4 oz)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 cup sliced celery (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- In a shallow bowl combine flour, pepper, and onion powder.
- Cut steak into six serving size pieces; dredge in flour mixture.
- In a skillet brown steak in butter (olive oil is a good substitute here).
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients, pour over steaks.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours, or until steak is no longer pink.