Recipe by Kaarin
This is a fabulous recipe for venison in the crock pot. Also works great with beef. A good time saving meal. From Taste of Home Quick Cooking.
Top Review by jaynine
I made this with some sirloin steaks that looked like they would be tough, and they turned out falling-apart tender. This is a delicious meal that even my picky eaters devoured. Great to eat with crusty bread to sop up the sauce. I used a can of beef broth instead of the water and beef bouillon, otherwise followed recipe as written. I'm going to try this with venison as well, I'm sure it will be wonderful.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless round steak
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, pepper and salt.
- Cut steak into serving size pieces; dredge in flour mixture.
- In a skillet brown steak in oil.
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over steak.
- Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours or until the meat is tender.