Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
When you're pressed for time or oven space on a holiday -- this recipe will come to the rescue!
- 2 (29 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Lightly grease a slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, blend sweet potatoes, 1/3 cup butter, white sugar and 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Beat in orange juice, eggs and milk.
- Transfer this mixture to the prepared slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans, 1/3 cup brown sugar, flour and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Spread the mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
These were great! My grocery store didn't have any canned sweet potatoes so I ended up having to use fresh ones. I just peeled, cut and boiled them first. It wasn't until much later that I realized that I had only put in at most 40 ounces of sweet potatoes. The recipe calls for 12 more ounces. They still turned out really well though! They were a bit "damp" but I am sure that was because of the shortage of sweet potato. I will make these again. Thanks!
These potatoes were a hit at Thanksgiving! Even the pickiest eaters enjoyed them. Thank you!!
I was wondering how I would cook my sweet potatoes since my whole oven was being used all day. This recipe definetely saved the day. I followed the recipe exactly, except I cooked them on medium instead of high. They came out great!