Recipe by *Parsley*
A slow cooker (crock pot) recipe. It's really sweet. Roast can be chuck, rump, eye, top round, etc.
Top Review by BiscuitJones
My whole family loved this, including my picky 6 year old. I sauteed some stir fry vegetables from Trader Joe's, added the liquid from the roast and then thickened the sauce with tapioca flour. Served over brown rice. Delicious! Thank you for the recipe!
- 4 -5 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat, can use favorite cut
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced, Vidalia, Walla Walla, etc
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water, the empty soup can full
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar