1/3 Photos of Slow Cooked Sweet Onion and Garlic Beef Roast
8 hrs 10 mins
A slow cooker (crock pot) recipe. It's really sweet. Roast can be chuck, rump, eye, top round, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat, can use favorite cut
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced, Vidalia, Walla Walla, etc
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water, the empty soup can full
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1Place meat in bottom of slow cooker.
- 2Top meat with sliced onions and minced garlic.
- 3Mix all remaining ingredients together in a small bowl and pour into the slow cooker.
- 4Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or until done.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooked Sweet Onion and Garlic Beef Roast
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.6
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 847.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 43.7 g