Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A slow cooker (crock pot) recipe. It's really sweet. Roast can be chuck, rump, eye, top round, etc.
- 4 -5 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat, can use favorite cut
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced, Vidalia, Walla Walla, etc
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water, the empty soup can full
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Place meat in bottom of slow cooker.
- Top meat with sliced onions and minced garlic.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together in a small bowl and pour into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or until done.
My whole family loved this, including my picky 6 year old. I sauteed some stir fry vegetables from Trader Joe's, added the liquid from the roast and then thickened the sauce with tapioca flour. Served over brown rice. Delicious! Thank you for the recipe!
Delicious! I served these with microwave garlic butter potatoes (#327788) and orange glazed carrots (#252998) for a party of 6. Even the two kids cleaned their plates and there were few leftovers. Thanks for posting!
Great recipe! we loved it but I cheated and didn't put any sugar.I know my gang would have found it much to sweet. I added potatoes the last 2 hours.It was devoured by everyone. Rita