5 hrs 8 mins
From Chatelaine magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thickly sliced
- 28 ounces plum tomatoes, drained
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 lbs beef roast (such as cross-rib or blade roast)
- 1Place mushrooms, garlic, carrots, onion, celery, plum tomatoes, and tomato paste in the bowl of a slow cooker. Add seasonings and sugar. Stir to evenly mix.
- 2Place meat in slow cooker and spoon vegetable mixture over top. Cover and cook until beef is fork tender, 5 to 6 hours on high or 8 to 10 hours on low.
- 3Remove beef to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes,then thickly slice.
- 4Serve with one-third of sauce.
- 5You can thicken remaining sauce to use for pasta by puréeing half of it, then stirring it back into chunky sauce. Taste and add pinches of hot chili flakes if you like it spicy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooked Super-Saucy Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1333.1
- Calories from Fat 811
- Total Fat 90.1 g
- Saturated Fat 36.2 g
- Cholesterol 312.9 mg
- Sodium 932.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 91.4 g