Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I got the base of this recipe from a cookbook called "The Best Slow-Cooker Cookbook Ever", but I changed it up to suit us. This is an excellent way to get kids to eat their squash!
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Peel and seed squash then chop into 1" inch sized chunks. Place into slow cooker.
- In a medium sized bowl mix pineapple (including liquid), sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add to the slow cooker and cover. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Stir and serve.
This recipe intrigued me and as I had the relevant ingredients at hand, decided to try it - sorry but this recipe did nothing for me - I wasn't sure what to expect but I will not be trying this one again! I ended up feeding it to the birds.