Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a tasty dish from Weekend Cooking Made Easy. Very filling.
- 2 lbs boneless pork, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- Cook pork in oil for 5-6 minutes until browned.
- Transfer pork and drippings to a 5-quart slow-cooker.
- Stir in tomatoes, corn, beans, onion, and chilies.
- Stir all the spices into the beef broth and pour over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until pork is tender.
- Stir in cilantro before serving.
- You can add shredded cheese as garnish.