Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 2 lbs boneless pork top loin, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces chili beans, in sauce undrained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- Place chopped onion and garlic in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Top with pork.
- Mix cornmeal, cumin, oregano and salt; sprinkle over pork and mix well.
- Next, add beans, tomatoes and broth; mix well.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until pork is tender.
- A half hour before serving, add corn and cook on high.
We really enjoyed this stew. I improvised and cut the cooking time to use leftover loin roast, but didn't really make any other significant changes. Served with a thick slice of Recipe #47189, it was delicious and warming on a cold winter night. Thanks for posting!