Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From Michelle Gurnsey in Taste of Home Healthy Cooking Dec/Jan 2010. High fiber, no parboiling, and Southwest flavor: this is my kind of dish. Note: this dish only takes 3-4 hours to cook in the slow-cooker.
Top Review by WiGal
Outstanding! Perfect seasoning, easy, on hand ingredients, and timing is right on-- not overcooked. Served ours with a small grilled chicken breast. My kind of food too Kate. Lol! Thank you for sharing.
- 4 medium sweet red peppers or 4 medium green bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds and pith removed
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (1 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked converted long grain rice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds and white pith. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine the beans, cheese, salsa, onion, corn, rice, chili powder and cumin. Spoon into peppers. Place in 5-quart slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and cook on Low for 3-4 hours or until peppers are tender and filling is heated through. Serve with sour cream if desired.