Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Easy to prepare and delicious to eat.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top round steaks, trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper; place in skillet. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until well browned, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine onion, carrot and mushrooms; mix well.
- Cut browned beef into 4 pieces; place in slow cooker over vegetables. In same skillet, combine soup and tomato sauce; mix well. Pour over beef.
- Cover; cook on Low setting 8 to 10 hours. Stir sauce well before serving over beef.
This was good and easy to put together in the morning before leaving for work. I doubled all the ingredients other then the salt. I still cooked mine for 8 hours. Next time I would sesaon the steak and brown it before placing it in the crock pot. We all enjoyed this.
This is definitely a keeper recipe! My family loved this meal. The tomato-gravy sauce is outstanding like Parsley said. The meat turned out so tender it was falling apart. I will have to make more next time because my son wanted seconds. I think that 6-8 hours would be enough rather than 10 hours. Mine was 8 hours, but I could have served it before that. This is definitely going into my tried and true recipe cookbook. Thanks for sharing!
The sauce/gravy is out of this world! I made this just as written, but doubled the recipe for 3 lbs of round steaks. Tender and tasty. I'll certainly make this again. Thanx!