Recipe by carolinafan
Easy to prepare and delicious to eat.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and easy to put together in the morning before leaving for work. I doubled all the ingredients other then the salt. I still cooked mine for 8 hours. Next time I would sesaon the steak and brown it before placing it in the crock pot. We all enjoyed this.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top round steaks, trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper; place in skillet. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until well browned, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine onion, carrot and mushrooms; mix well.
- Cut browned beef into 4 pieces; place in slow cooker over vegetables. In same skillet, combine soup and tomato sauce; mix well. Pour over beef.
- Cover; cook on Low setting 8 to 10 hours. Stir sauce well before serving over beef.