- Place beef and onion in slow cooker.
- Combine water and seasoning mix in small bowl.
- Pour over beef and onion.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or until tender.
- Shred beef with two forks.
- Place beef in large bowl.
- Stir in taco sauce and chiles.
- Fill warmed taco shells with beef mixture.
- Top with lettuce, tomato,cheese, and sour cream.
This recipe made really delicious taco meat. I followed your directions and it couldn't have been any easier. Wouldn't change anything. Not too spicy with heat, but enough seasoning to not be boring. Survey said--5 stars
I have never made tacos with shredded beef. Amazing!! I will never use ground beef ever again. This was so easy. The beef was so tender and easy to shred. Had a great spicy flavor but not overdone. My family gave it raves. Thanks Nurse Di.
Remarkably nutritious! Ok, maybe not, but damn, it's good! I used flank steak, which turned out quite tender and made my own taco shells from corn tortillas. A true keeper, thank you!