Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes lots of sauce but that is how we like it.
Make and share this Slow-Cooked Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1814.36-2041.16 g boneless beef short ribs
- oil or butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 354.88 ml beef broth
- 177.44 ml cider or 177.44 ml red wine vinegar
- 177.44 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml chili sauce
- 78.07 ml ketchup
- 78.07 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 5 clove garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- In a large zip-top plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add ribs in batches and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown ribs in oil or butter.
- Transfer to a large slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil; pour over ribs (slow cooker will be full).
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until meat is tender.
The best, the best, the best!!!! My family came running when I said dinner was ready. The smell was compelling. The rib meat was falling off the bone tender and the sauce was out of this world. We used our rolls to sop up the extra sauce. Thanks for another new family favorite.
My local grocery had a sale on short ribs and I knew I had just added this to my cookbook so I snatched them up. These are the hands down, the best short ribs I have ever made! The sauce is wonderful!!! Had enough to spoon over homemade mashed potatoes. This is pure comfort food! I wouldn't change a thing about this recipe! Thanks Nurse Di!
These were really good. I used frozen country style ribs and didn't have time to flour and brown them. Will definately do that next time so I have a thicker sauce. I used balsamic vinegar (that's all I had) and only half a tablespoon of the chili powder. My mom came over during dinner and left with the recipe! Thank-you!