Recipe by carolinafan
If you don't like your chili kicked up a notch you can use mild salsa and less chili powder.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmedium salsa (2 cups) or 1 (16 ounce) jar hot salsa (2 cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) canchunky tomato sauce with onion bell peppers and celery
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- shredded cheddar cheese, if desired
- sliced green onion, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until beef is brown; drain.
- Mix beef and remaining ingredients except beans in 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Stir in beans. Cover and cook on low-heat setting about 5 minutes or until hot. Top with cheese and onion.