Recipe by ellie_
A while ago someone asked for low-fat fish recipes cooked in a crockpot - I came acros this one that sounded interesting and a different way of using your crockpot. This recipe requires 24 hours to mariniate the fish in the refrigerator. Recipe source: Slow Cooker Cooking
Top Review by AshK
This is a very nice slow cooker recipe. The salmon holds up very well to the sweetness of the marinade. I really enjoyed it and I am planning on making it again. I love slow cooker recipes that look like they came about from some great effort on my part instead of my slow cooker's!
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons cognac
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1 bunch fresh dill, rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the mustard dill sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh dill, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- To marinate salmon, put a large piece of aluminum foil on work surface.
- In a small cup or bowl whisk together lime juice and cognac.
- Rub both sides of salmon steaks with mixture.
- In another cup or bowl combine sugar, salt and pepper and then rub both sides of each salmon steak with about 2 teaspoons of the mixture.
- Lay half of the dill in the center ofthe aluminum foil and then place steaks over the dill and then place remainder of the dill on top of the steaks. Pull foil over salmon and seal to form package. Cover foil package with a plate or heavy weight and refrigerate for 24 - 48 hours.
- 2 hours before serving or thirty minutes before starting to cook the salmon, pour oil into the insert of the slow cooker and preheat it on High with cover on.
- Remove salmon from foil and discard dill and with a damp towel wipe seasonings off fish.
- Place the salmon steaks in one layer in slow cooker. Cook on high for 90 minutes - check temperature - it should read 140-degrees F. DO NOT OPEN COVER OR CHECK FISH FOR 90 MINUTES.
- Serve fish with mustard dill sauce (recipe is below).
- To make the mustard dill sauce: whisk sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.