Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Defiantly not a low fat dessert, but oh so yummy. I got this one from Quick Cooking magazine a couple of years ago. Enjoy :)
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream (optional) or Cool Whip (optional)
- Place bread cubes in a greased slow cooker/crock pot.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk; stir in sugar, butter, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Pour over bread; stir.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour on high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 3 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Just before serving, melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add water, sugar, and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with warm bread pudding.
- Top with ice cream or Cool Whip if desired.