Recipe by looneytunesfan
The cinnamon-rich flavors of old-fashioned apple crisp meet the convenience of a slow cooker.
Top Review by Calee
I like the idea of putting apple crisp in the crock pot. I cooked the apple crips for 4 hours, I found that the quick cooking oats were a little mushy. I will make this again but instead use old fashion rolled oats and omit the pecans.
- 6 cups tart apples, Granny Smith, peeled if desired, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces
- ice cream, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix apples and cinnamon to coat. Place in slow cooker.
- In medium bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, flour and butter with pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Stir in pecans and toffee bits. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over apples.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours. Serve apple crisp with ice cream.
- Tip: If you'd like the apple slices to retain their shape and have a slightly firm texture, use the low end of the cook time range.