Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Easy, low fat and delicious.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top round steaks, cut into 4 equal pieces (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, each cut into 6 pieces
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper, mix well. Add beef pieces, turn to coat both sides.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until browned, turning once. Remove beef from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- In 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, carrots and onion; mix well. Add bay leaf. Place browned beef over vegetables, in small bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups of the broth (reserve and refrigerate remaining broth) and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over beef.
- Cover; cook on Low setting 8 to 10 hours.
- About 5 minutes before serving with slotted spoon; remove beef and vegetables from slow cooker; place on serving platter. Cover to keep warm.
- Pour liquid from slow cooker into medium saucepan; remove and discard bay leaf. In small bowl, blend remaining broth and cornstarch until smooth. Add to liquid in saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute.
- Serve sauce with beef and vegetables.
- If desired, season to taste with salt and pepper.