2 hrs 25 mins
For a hearty meal try this tasty recipe for a tender pork casserole deliciously flavoured with Dijon mustard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs stewing pork, chopped into large cubes
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small leek, diced
- 1/2 celeriac, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- mashed potatoes, to serve
- 1Heat the oil in a casserole dish or heavy-based saucepan. Add in the pork and fry, stirring, until golden brown.
- 2Remove the pork and place in a colander to drain.
- 3Add the carrot, onion, leek, celeriac and garlic to the casserole dish and fry gently, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- 4Transfer the fried vegetables to the colander with the pork.
- 5Pour the white wine into the casserole dish, bring to the boil and cook briskly for 1 minute.
- 6Return the pork and vegetables to the casserole dish and add in the stock, which should just cover the pork and vegetables.
- 7Add in the mustard, thyme, bay leaf and cloves and stir to blend in the mustard. Season with a little salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 8Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 to 1 and a half hours until the pork is tender.
- 9Drain the pork and vegetables, reserving the gravy.
- 10Strain the gravy into a clean saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook briskly until reduced to a sauce consistency. Blend with a hand blender until smooth.
- 11Separate the pork out, discarding the vegetables and herbs. Add the pork to the blended sauce and gently heat through.
- 12Check the seasoning adding in 2 more teaspoons of mustard if you wish to make the flavour stronger.
- 13Gently heat through and serve with mashed potato.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooked Pork With Dijon Mustard and White Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (675 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 792.1
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 159.1 mg
- Sodium 655.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 50.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: