Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Everyone knows that pork and applesauce go together. I threw this one into the slow cooker for hubby and the kids one day when I was running late for work and I had fresh apples. It makes it's own apple sauce in the slow cooker.
- 4 apples, sliced I used gala
- 1 onion, sliced
- 907.18 g boneless pork roast or 907.18 g boneless pork chops
- italiano seasoning, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- 59.14 ml apple juice
- 170.09 g chicken-flavored ramen noodles, cooked, drained and mixed with seasoning packets (2 packs)
- Slice apples and lay them on the bottom of the slow cooker, slice onion and lay half of them on top of the apples.
- Season roast with Italiano Seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder, and it you want to add salt and pepper. Lay on top of the apples, and top with the remaining onions.
- Pour apple juice down the side of the slow cooker so you don't rinse off all the seasoning.
- Cook on High for 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, boil or ramen noodles in just water, drain, and toss with some butter and the seasoning packets.
- Serve pork with the apples and noodles.
- This is a basic last minute chuck into the slow cooker and run because your late recipe. If you want to add different seasonings then experiment. I really didn't know how it would taste until I got home 9 hours later. Hubby told me I have to make it more often.
I used a bone in roast as that is what i had. DH and boys liked this, I myself did not care for it. The apples just kinda mushed and I didn't like the flavor with the onions in it. It was easy to prepare. I may try it again and change some of the spices. Thanks for sharing.