Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I found this recipe on a Reiman bulletin board (Taste of Home). I liked that it didn't have a cream of something soup or chopped/stewed tomatoes as a base (not that I have anything against them, I just wanted something different!). It made a nice meal with Easy Garlic Crescent Rolls #71133 and Fried Apples #3057. It made it so much easier that I could brown the pork while cooking on another day so I could just throw everything in the crockpot in the morning. By experience, I have learned this is just as yummy without the green beans if you should happen to forget them!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces (or do like me and by a package of pieces!)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 (12 ounce) jarhomestyle pork gravy
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen green beans, thawed
- Heat oil in skillet until hot.
- Add pork to skillet, sprinkle with salt and 1/4 t pepper.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently.
- In a slow cooker, combine pork and remaining ingredients except green beans.
- Mix together.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, stir in green beans, cover and cook an additional 15 to 20 minutes on high or until beans are tender.