Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Taste of Home
- 2 (8 ounce) cans unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary (or 1 t. dried crushed rosemary)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 lb) boneless top loin pork roast
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients ; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut roast in half.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown the pork roast.
- Place roast in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Pour sauce over roast and turn to coat.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before carving.