Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
- 6 pork loin chops
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 113.39 g can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 7.39 ml cider vinegar
- 2.46-4.92 ml salt
- hot cooked rice
- In a skillet, brown chops on both sides in oil; drain.
- Place in a slow cooker.
- Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms.
- In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and salt.
- Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve with rice.
I love to come home to the aroma of a wonderful meal cooking. This recipe was so easy to put together, and the final result was delicious! I didn't have a can of tomato sauce so I just used canned tomatoes. After removing the chops from the crockpot, I poured the juices/vegetables in a skillet and thickened it with some cornstarch and water. I served the chops with the sauce/vegetables over egg noodles. Rolls with Herbed Butter completed the meal.
This was very tasty. Between my two boys and I, it was gone before I knew it!
This recipe is great. Be sure to make a lot more than you need, because I shredded the leftover pork, and the resulting sandwiches were amazing. It's worth making just for the leftovers! I will certainly make this again.