Top Review by Dreamgoddess
I love to come home to the aroma of a wonderful meal cooking. This recipe was so easy to put together, and the final result was delicious! I didn't have a can of tomato sauce so I just used canned tomatoes. After removing the chops from the crockpot, I poured the juices/vegetables in a skillet and thickened it with some cornstarch and water. I served the chops with the sauce/vegetables over egg noodles. Rolls with Herbed Butter completed the meal.
- 6 pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown chops on both sides in oil; drain.
- Place in a slow cooker.
- Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms.
- In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and salt.
- Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve with rice.