Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From toh "Simple & Delicious" magazine. I used Splenda Brown Sugar Blend for the brown sugar. It was a little sweeter than I liked, so next time I will cut back on the sugar and vinegar. It's a good dish to serve to a crowd. I added some smoked sausage on top of the beans an hour before it was done.
- 1 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through.
The lost is found!!! This was the recipe I was given many years ago at a potluck and lost when I moved. These are the best beans ever. I have a batch cooking right now for a potluck and they are wonderful. The only thing I substituted was pinto beans for the lima beans--personal preferance. Thank you so much for posting this recipe.