Recipe by Shiraz
This is an easy, but very tasty recipe. It's our favorite pasta sauce.
Top Review by Mary in OR
This is a MUST try. By far the best pasta sauce I have ever tasted. I used mild Italilan sausage and omitted the red pepper flakes, personal tast. SF Girl, I'll never make another pasta meat sauce again, this is perfection. Thank you
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup sliced button mushroom
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped (red or green)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (use more or less to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes, with puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown crumbled sausage and add onions, garlic, mushrooms, and bell pepper.
- Transfer meat and veggies to slowcooker and add in remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- When done, sample the sauce and if it has a bitter taste, stir in a Tb more sugar.
- Serve over spaghetti or in any dish that calls for pasta sauce.