Recipe by TheDancingCook
"The Other White Meat", with Oriental seasonings.
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
I make these chops alot. The 1/4 cup crushed chili flakes is an error. It's supposed to be 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes. We call these San Francisco Chops. I got this recipe from TOH Slow Cooker Favorites cookbook and the recipe is the same except for the amount of chili flakes (no one could eat 1/4 cup!) and the cold water should be at the bottom of the recipe, with the cornstarch. I fixed the original recipe here to include these changes.
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick, bone in
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes, crushed (sweet or red)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In pan, brown chops both sides in oil then transfer to crockpot.
- Add garlic to drippings in pan, cook and stir about 1 min or until golden brown.
- Stir in soy sauce, broth, brown sugar, pepper flakes and cook and stir until dissolved.
- Pour over chops, cover& cook 7-8 hours on low heat.
- Remove chops.
- Combine corn starch& cold water until smooth and stir into slow cooker.
- Return chops, cover, set to high heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve over white rice or with a boxed oriental style rice.